Have any household Tips & Tricks you’d like to submit?
Submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to get rid of curry stains?
Sponge the stain with a little glycerine, leave for 15 mins, then wash item in warm, soapy water. The stain should disappear- 😉
•Handy Hint: Before marinating meat, heat up the marinate with a few drops of oil. This brings out the spice flavours and allows the meat to easily absorb the flavours.
USEFUL AND HANDY USES OF SALT !!!!
1. Soak stained hankies in salt water before washing.
2. Sprinkle salt on your shelves to keep ants away.
3. Put a few grains of rice in your saltshaker for easier pouring.
4. Add salt to green salads to prevent wilting.
5. Soak wrinkled apples in a mildly salted water solution to perk them up.
6. Rub salt on your pancake griddle and your flapjacks won’t stick.
7. Soak toothbrushes in salt water before you first use them; they will last longer.
8. Use salt to clean your discolored coffee pot.
9. Mix salt with turpentine to whiten you bathtub and toilet bowl.
￼ Fruit Benefits
Bananas contain three natural sugars – sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with fiber. A banana gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy.
But energy isn’t the only way a banana can help us keep fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions, making it a must to add to our daily diet.
According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.
Forget the pills – eat a banana. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.
High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia.
This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it perfect to beat blood pressure
High in fiber, including bananas in the diet can help restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome the problem without resorting to laxatives.
Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn, try eating a banana for soothing relief.
Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness.
rubbing the affected area with the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.
Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous systems